Date(s) - 05/04/2019
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunnyside Presbyterian Church
Connecting Through Character Strengths Workshop
This Free workshop made possible, in part, by a grant from the Synod of Lincoln Trails
To Confirm your attendance please complete the form below!
Other People Matter: Connecting Through Character Strengths
Positive relationships, with oneself and others, have a powerful influence over not only individual health and longevity but also teamwork and engagement in groups. Some experts view tending to relationships as a form of self-care.
This interactive 4-hour workshop applies a strengths lens to cultivating positive connections. Participants will learn research-based practices to help them:
• discover why we must actively pursue the positive,
• develop a deeper awareness of their unique character strengths profile
• notice and appreciate strengths in themselves and others
• align their strengths with daily activities
• avoid unintended conflicts and stress resulting from strengths over-use and under-use
• build strengths in groups (families or teams)
To prepare, participants should complete the free VIA survey on character strengths (click here) and bring their results to the workshop.